Giant Mission Party, Saturday, November 4, 2017
Gather with us for this celebration of the missions of the United Methodist Church. On November 4, United Methodists from all over eastern Iowa will gather here at First UMC, Cedar Falls, to celebrate another year of outreach and to gather-in some of the bounty of our lives to share with others. There will be food, a craft sale, a quilt auction, worship, mission displays and information, and we’ll pack for shipment all of those health kits and school kits and layette kits and birthing kits and all the other kits that northeast Iowa churches have put together for use around the world. These kits will then be sent on to UMCOR depots and to the Iowa-Nigeria Partnership for distribution.
Here's the schedule for the day:
- 7:30-10:30 check in kits, quilts, bazaar and bake sale items
- 7:00-9:45 fellowship time, refreshments
- 7:30-11:30 voucher room open
- 7:30-9:30 self-guided tours ofkit area at Lincoln School
- 8:45-11:50 mission presentations
- 9:00-1:00pm mission displays
- 10:00am worship with communion, speaker from Heifer Project, Intl.
- 11:00-12:45 lunch: hot meat sandwich ($6 adults, $3 kids 5-12, free 5 & younger)
- 1:00 pm quilt auction: large, baby, wall hangings. also larger woodcrafts
kit drop off: If you are bringing kits for packing and shipment, they may be unloaded at Lincoln Elementary School, across the street from the church. Use 7th Street driveway at the school.
To find First UMC, Cedar Falls click <here>
If your church has made kits for Ingathering, please make every attempt to bring them to the Ingathering event on November 4, rather than dropping them off early. First UMC Cedar Falls does not have an abundance of space to store your kits, or an abundance of people-power to move them around.