Finance Manager Position Open
First United Methodist Church of Cedar Falls, Iowa is seeking a Finance Manager. We are looking for a person with a strong Christian faith with an understanding of stewardship. A background in book keeping is necessary. This person will be responsible for recording all contributions and payments of church including doing payroll. They will manage the Church Budget with the assistance of the Finance Committee.
First United Methodist Church is a welcoming, supportive church with a strong focus on mission outreach. This individual will work collaboratively with our pastors, church staff, volunteers, and serve as the administrative liaison on the Finance Committee.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Count the Sunday offering (usually on Monday morning) with the assistance of a volunteer. Balance monies received with various funds and prepare an accurate bank deposit.
- Set up appropriate giving accounts in Church Windows software program and link those accounts to the proper financial accounts.
- Enter into Church Windows all church receipts.
- Prepare and maintain a statement of all contributions, pledges, and special gifts for each member of the congregation.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly giving statements to members.
- Enter and maintain vendor list for all payables.
- Enter all approved bills into Church Windows. Prepare, sign, and send all checks covering approved bills.
- Enter and maintain all employee information in payroll program, including employee’s wage, hours worked, exemptions, allowances, and deductions. Prepare and sign the monthly payroll checks as well as those covering taxes, pension payments,
- Prepare W2’s for all employees, prepare 1099 forms for all independent contractors, file quarterly federal and monthly state tax reports, prepare and file income tax submittal forms.
- Prepare monthly apportionment report as well as payment to cover apportionments and special offerings.
- Maintain accurate records for Iowa United Methodist Foundation funds including gains and losses for each quarter. Prepare quarterly report for Endowment Committee.
- Serve as consultant for annual fall stewardship campaign. Compile budget requests.
- Arrange and assist with annual church audit. Prepare and send annual audit report to District Superintendent. Compile audit notebook.
Job is available immediately with the opportunity to work with retiring Financial Manager
Qualifications include a minimum of a two-year degree in accounting or closely related field with a minimum of four years’ experience in accounting, reconcilements and payroll processing. Applicant should be proficient in computer skills with MS office and accounting software. Church Windows experience is a plus. Position is up to 28 hours per week.
Applications are available at the church office located at 718 Clay Street, Cedar Falls, IA. Church phone number is 319-266-1713. Please return the application along with a letter of interest and a resume to church address with attention: Pastor Steve Williams or send information to the following email address email@example.com.